The Sixth Year Planned Program provides a platform for Connecticut educators to pursue professional study beyond the Master’s degree. Connecticut teachers will navigate a path directed to professional learning that is beneficial to their current teaching assignment or to broaden their area of certification or specialization. Participants must earn 30 credits in either the Sixth Year Planned program in Teacher Leadership or Technology Integration. Please see the frequently asked questions (FAQ) for further information about this program.
Prerequisites to the program includes:
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or its equivalent.
- Currently employed in an educational setting with access to colleagues and students.
- Access to a computer (Most courses are accessed online.)
Planned Program Process:
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Complete the Student Program Form here. Within the student application form, you must complete the Statement of Purpose. The statement of purpose gives you an opportunity to describe your motivation and what you hope to accomplish throughout this unique professional learning experience. The statement of purpose should be no longer than one page (500-1000 words) and must include:
- Background information (number of years in education, current position),
- A description of an educational experience that motivated you to learn more about teacher leadership or technology integration; and
- How the Sixth Year Planned Program in Teacher Leadership or Technology Integration will support your professional goals.
2. Upload your unofficial transcript(s) and/or Statement of Purpose on our site
3. Create a student account here
Once your documents have been received and approved, you will receive a confirmation email to enroll in the Sixth Year Planned Program.
The Sixth-Year planned program in Teacher Leadership is designed for the K-12 educator who has completed a Master’s Degree, demonstrates exemplary teaching, understands the demands of the teaching profession and has a desire to expand their skills as a leader. This 30 credit Sixth-Year planned program results in a Certificate in Teacher Leadership. The self-paced courses provide the teacher leader candidate with professional learning opportunities to; investigate evidence-based strategies to maximize learning for all students, implement and reflect on the impact of the strategies and collaborate with colleagues to engage in job-embedded professional learning.
The Sixth-Year planned program in Technology Integration is designed for the K-12 educator who has completed a Master’s Degree, demonstrates exemplary teaching, and has a desire to enhance their technological skills as they design and implement the latest technology into course curriculum. This 30 credit Sixth-Year planned program results in a Certificate in Technology Integration. The self-paced courses provide the technology integration candidate with professional learning opportunities to; explore and integrate the latest technologies to create a student centered learning environment that engages all learners, and collaborate with colleagues to engage in job-embedded professional learning.
Our 30 credit Early Childhood Education Online Certificate Program was developed by an experienced team of early childhood educators is designed to broaden your knowledge to meet the increased early childhood learning expectations and enhance the social and emotional development of the young learner. Our certificate courses include the integration of your professional knowledge and skills focused on the learning and development of young children.
The Trauma-Informed Practices Certificate is designed for Connecticut educators who desire to expand their knowledge of trauma and its impact on learning. Thoughtfully developed by a team of experts in the field of trauma and education, course content will support educators in deepening their understanding of trauma-informed practices by moving beyond theory to promote a positive learning environment for all students.
An administrative fee of $75.00 will apply.
The Sixth Year Planned Program listed here is for Connecticut Educators Only. If you or your district are interested in a similar program, please contact us.