As Primary Instructor:
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong educational background of teaching and online learning and utilize my skills to help teachers to grow professionally.
Summary of Qualifications
Dedicated, resourceful, enthusiastic and passionate about teaching teachers to implement the best strategies into their classrooms. Exceptional communicator, knowledge of a variety of teaching strategies such as Inquiry Based Learning, Play Based Learning, Fine Motor, Executive Function Skills, and differentiation. Willing to help educators to implement strategies for good behavior, socialization, responsibility, and positive self-esteem.
2004-2006 Marygrove University Detroit, MI
Master of Education
- *Major: Master in the Art of Teaching
- *Major GPA: 4.0
Bachelor of Science in Education
- Major: Early Childhood Education (Pre-k – 3)
- Major GPA: 3.8 Overall GPA: 3.4
Relevant Experience and Accomplishments
- *Senior Lead Master Certification in Ohio
- *Michigan Teaching Certificate
- *Blended Learning Training Completed 2018-2019
- *Grade Level Leader 2008-2010
- *Student Teaching: Mason Elementary in Canton City Schools: Multi-age 4th/5th grade class, Greentown Elementary in North Canton City Schools: Multi-age 1st/2nd grade; September-December 2001 (15 weeks) The subjects of Math, Spelling, Science, Social Studies, Reading and Writing were taught in a self-contained classroom.
- Hollee Welty, Connections Academy Teacher (330-205-4880)
- Kathy Tobias, Lake Local Schools, Speech Teacher (330-571-3171)
- Alison DeGeorge, Lake Local Schools, Teacher (330-388-6103)
- Jeannie Bussey, Lake Local Schools, Teacher (330-958-5989)
- Phil Burns, Lake Local Schools. Former Principal (330-352-9858)
2013-2019 Uniontown Elementary School Uniontown, OH
▪ Kindergarten Teacher: For the past 6 years, I have taught self-contained full day Kindergarten. The subjects of Reading, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies and Science are taught according to the standards of the state of Ohio. I am responsible for weekly lesson plans, newsletters, centers, daily team meeting, and weekly collaboration. I keep daily communication with all of my students’ parents through email, phone calls, Facebook, and the Remind App. I am also responsible for assessing my students and keeping data on all of them.
2012-2013 Uniontown Elementary Uniontown, OH
▪ 2nd Grade Teacher: During this time I had my own self-contained classroom of 26 2nd graders. The subjects of Reading, Math, Language Arts, Social Studies and Science were taught according to the standards of the state of Ohio. I was responsible for weekly lesson plans, weekly calendars, and centers. I met with the other teachers every week to discuss lessons for the next week and we plan for the month. I kept daily communication with all of the parents through weekly emails, newsletters, and phone calls. I was also responsible for grading and keeping track of grades in an electronic grade book program.
2004-2012 Uniontown Elementary Uniontown, OH
▪ 3rd Grade Teacher: During this time I had two different styles of classrooms: self-contained and Co-Teaching in a Project Based Learning Class. I was responsible for all subject areas. I was able to work with my partner to rewrite the curriculum to fit the philosophy of PBL (Project Based Learning). The students used digital tools to research their student driven inquiries as well as to present what they have learned. The Ohio State Standards for Learning were taught through Projects Based Learning. I was responsible for State Standardized Tests. I would write weekly lesson plans after collaborating weekly with my team. I was responsible for weekly calendars, parent newsletters, centers, and project rubrics. I keep daily communication with all the parents thought phone calls and emails. I utilized an online gradebook.
2003-2005 Lake Elementary Hartville, OH
▪ 4th Grade Teacher: I co-taught with another teacher in a classroom with 46 4th graders. I was responsible for lesson plans, the monthly calendar, intergenerational program, centers, and the graduation program. This class was an inclusion classroom which meant I also co-taught with the intervention specialist.
Listed below are upcoming Live Classes, Conferences or Events.