Please contact email@example.com if you don’t find the answer to your questions here.
1. How do I enroll?All of our courses provide an online registration form so you can enroll at your convenience.
2. How can I get more information about a class?There are two ways to get more information about a particular class. First, you can use the contact us form located here. The second way is to phone us at 1-800-626-5080 and choose the appropriate option.
Sign Up to Receive DominicanCAonline Course Updates & Promotions!
3. Where can I view your Course Descriptions? Click the links below to view course descriptions.
4. Is Dominican University of CA Fully Accredited?
5. My Account Password reset is not working. What should I do next? AOL, Comcast, Verizon, Gmail and other email domains categorize the Store Password resets as Junk Mail. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for a manual password reset. If you have another email domain that can be used for your Store Account Login please include it in the email
6. For questions involving your registration or to change your address please contact us at email@example.com.
7. Is the credit being offered by Dominican University of CA Graduate-Level Semester Credits/Units?The Continuing Education and Professional Development division of The School of Liberal Arts and Education is responsible for all the courses listed on this website. The credit offered is Graduate-Level, meaning that it is post-baccalaureate. It is primarily used for professional development or salary advancement and is transferable to degree programs only on the approval of the institution being petitioned. Graduate-Level Extension Semester Credits/Units are characterized by 15 hours of contact time per credit/unit, and are associated with a measure of knowledge assessment and/or skills implementation. The words Credits and Units are used interchangeably as geographical locations vary in terminology. *Participants are advised to obtain prior employer approval for use in salary advancement.
8. How long do I have to complete an Online Self-Paced course (class that does not have a starting or ending date)? Dominican University of California allows 9 months from your date of registration to complete a Self Paced formatted course and submit for grading.
9. I need more time to finish my Online Self-Paced course. What do I do?Dominican University of California allows 9 months from the date of registration to complete and submit coursework for a self-paced course. If you need additional time and would like to request an extension, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. What are your refund policies for classes or programs?
For the summer course (with prefix of EDUX) – Refunds will apply if requested within 7 days of registration. Any requests beyond 7 days of registration will be limited to a 50% refund. A $55 processing fee will be deducted from any refund processed. No refunds will apply after 30 days of registration.For online, self-paced courses (with prefix of EDUO) – A full refund will apply if within 14 days of registration (less a $55 processing fee). If refunds are requested beyond 14 days of registration, a partial refund of 50% (less a $55 processing fee) will apply. No refunds will apply after 30 days of registration.For conferences and workshops (with prefix of EDUO) – A full refund will apply if requested within 7 days of registration (less a $55 processing fee). No refunds will apply after 7 days of registration.For Scheduled Live Classes or the Summer 6 Week Workshop (with prefix of EDUO) – A full refund (less a $55 processing fee) will apply if requested at least 21 days prior to the start of the class starting. A partial refund of 50% (less a $55 processing fee) will apply if within 21 days of the class start date. No refund will apply if requested after the class start date.
Reductions in credit (for EDUX courses or EDUO courses) are NOT eligible for refunds unless made within 48 hours of registration. A $55 processing fee will apply. You must have your instructor approval to reduce credits.
All days noted in the refund policy above are calendar days.
All refund requests must be made in writing and submitted to email@example.com We reserve the right to change the refund policy.
11. How do I receive or special order an Official Transcript?
INITIAL STANDARD TRANSCRIPT PROCESSING A complimentary copy of the official transcript is automatically generated for every student upon the completion of every DominicanCAonline course. This transcript is mailed via standard US mail to the student’s address within 3 weeks of the date that the University receives the course grade (not the date when the Instructor submits grades).
ADDITIONAL TRANSCRIPTS Additional copies of your transcript must be requested online through the National Student Clearinghouse. The service is available 24 hours a day; however, transcripts are printed and mailed during the University’s business hours only. You do not need your student ID number or an account number to request a transcript online.
Transcripts requested through the Clearinghouse will be sent via 1st class mail within 5-10 business days of receipt of the request; see below for faster processing or shipping times. Electronic or PDF transcripts are NOT AVAILABLE currently.
Not all grades for all courses are submitted at the same time; please time your request so that your transcript includes all grades required for your employer or your school district. Courses that are still in progress, or courses for which the University has not yet received a grade, may not appear on the transcript. If you need the transcript to list the grade for a specific class, please include the name and/or course number in the “Special Instructions” box.
FEES AND PROCESSING TIMESThe online request will ask you to choose your desired processing time; please see below for an explanation of the available options and fees.
|PROCESSING TIME||SPEED||SHIPPING METHOD||FEE|
|Standard||5-10 business days after receipt of order||1st Class US Mail||$10.00, plus $2.25 processing fee|
|Rush||1 business day of receipt of order||1st Class US Mail||Standard fee, plus $15.00 Rush fee = $27.25|
|Rush-Overnight **||1 business day of receipt of order||UPS Overnight **||Standard fee, plus $25.00 Overnight shipping = $37.25|
** Transcripts cannot be sent Overnight to a PO Box or internationally.
Additional transcripts requested on the same order sent to the same recipient are $1.00 per additional transcript.
QUESTIONSFor questions regarding your complimentary transcript, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 415.482.3597. Please leave your detailed message. Your emails will be returned within 24 workday hours and your phone message within 48 workday hours.
For questions regarding transcripts ordered through the Clearinghouse, please contact the Dominican University Registrar’s Office at 415-485-3244.
12. How many Credits/Units can I complete in one semester?Dominican University of California Professional and Continuing Education allows for a maximum of 18 Credits/Units to be completed during any one semester: FALL (September -December); SPRING (January – May); and SUMMER (June – August).
13. Is Dominican University of CA required to send out 1098T or other tax forms to students? NO – We are NOT required to send 1098T tax forms. Important Tax Info: Please save your payment receipt as proof of course purchase for your tax purposes as we are not required to send tax forms at year end. Federal Tax ID: 87-0688380. Questions? email@example.com. Dominican University of California Professional & Continuing Education 50 Acacia Avenue San Rafael, California 94901
15. Why does Dominican University of CA collect my social security number?The SSN is a unique identifier. The reason for collecting your SSN this year is to allow your registration and contact information to be uploaded directly into our academic records database safely and securely. This will greatly enhance our ability to provide you with timely registration, grading and transcript services. If you have any specific concerns about the SSN that have not been addressed here, please feel free to contact the Dominican University of CA Registrar’s Office directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. What is FERPA and is Dominican University of CA in compliance?FERPA is a Federal law designed to protect the privacy of a student’s education records. The law applies to all schools which receive funds under an applicable program of the United States Department of Education. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children’s education records at the elementary and secondary school levels. These rights transfer to the student, or former student, who has reached the age of 18 or is attending any school beyond the high school level. Students and former students to whom the rights have transferred are called eligible students. In essence, eligible students determine who has access to their educational record. Dominican is in full compliance with FERPA, and expects that students and families will also comply with the guidelines and policies of this law. Detailed information can be found on our website, by clicking this link: FERPA.
17. Why are the web site prices different from the catalog or fliers I have received? Which one is correct?In January 1, 2017, course prices were increased slightly and may be different from pricing on fliers, email campaigns or our previous catalogs. The published price on the web site is the newly stated price. As you know, we strive to keep our prices very competitive! No price increases are in effect for 2019.
18. Do you have any current Promotions? Not at this time. Check back with us on occasion for updates.