EDUX 9955: Powerful Possibilities: Navigating YOUR 2021-2022 School Year
- $280 - $715
- 2 to 6 Semester Credits/Units
- Course Overview
- EDUX Video Preview
learning to get better as a teacher isn’t only about knowledge, skills, data and interventions. “Nurturing teachers’ strong sense of positive, stable, professional identity, commitment, resilience,moral/ethical purposes, and willingness and ability to teach to their best and well is equally important” (Day, 2017).
Christopher Day - Teachers’ Worlds and Work: Understanding Complexity and Building Quality
Navigate your professional development pathway as an educator in a changing world. Earn graduate-level semester credits as you advance your teaching and learning skills in order to maximize student achievement and engagement in diverse learning environments during the 2021-22 school year.
Our flexible course structure offers collaboration and coaching with our dedicated professional development coordinators who can assist you in meeting the accountability requirements of your district. You will meet and interact with other educators in your area to share your new learning during an exit interview.
EDUX 9955 is designed for educators who are motivated to achieve their professional learning goals through a self-paced, supportive learning community. As experts have stated, “There is no shortage of research concluding that teacher professional learning is critical for supporting the cultivation of the myriad skills that students need for life success. This is particularly true considering the competencies youth need to be prepared for the 21st-century workforce and meaningful engagement in a democracy (Darling-Hammond et al., 2017)”. This course will guide teachers to successfully launch the school year feeling more prepared and energized in their professional practice.
By the end of the course, the participant will:
- Design a professional learning plan that includes a goal that reflects new learning that maximizes student achievement.
- Demonstrate advanced professional practice through directed learning and planning.
- Provide evidence of how new learning aligned to instructional and/or professional standards will be implemented during the 2021-2022 school year.
- Engage in a collaborative discussion with educators to analyze and reflect on new learning.
- Describe the connection between professional preparedness and the impact on educator well-being.
Course Relation to Standards
This course aligns with the standards for National Board for Professional Teaching:
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- Teachers are members of learning communities.
Earn graduate-level Semester Credits/Units as you learn, develop and prepare for the 2020-21 school year.
Time requirements and Semester credits/units earned:
- 50 hours earns 2 graduate-level Semester Credits/Units ($280)
- 75 hours earns 3 graduate-level Semester Credits/Units ($390)
- 100 hours earns 4 graduate-level Semester Credits/Units ($515)
- 125 hours earns 5 graduate-level Semester Credits/Units ($615)
- 150 hours earns 6 graduate-level Semester Credits/Units ($715)
Starting school early? We'll make sure that you are finished up in plenty of time!