Apply learning from EDUX 9984, Igniting Your Professional Teaching Practice, to plan and implement learning opportunities that are responsive to the needs of your students. You will engage in analysis and guided reflection of your teaching practices to impact planning, instruction and monitoring of student success. An on-line collaborative conversation with your instructor and a cohort of teachers in the course, provides a platform for dialogue and self-reflection.
- 2 Semester Credits/Units
By the end of the course, the participant will:
- Engage in a professional learning community.
- Reflect on implementation of a learning objective and/or goal from EDUX 9984.
- Participate in the Guided Reflection Protocol.
- Demonstrate what was learned through a coaching conversation.
Course Relation to Standards
This course aligns with the standards for National Board for Professional Teaching:
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- Teachers are members of learning communities.
Course Structure and Submitting Coursework
- This course is a follow up from EDUX 9983 and will allow you to implement and reflect upon the learning you engaged in during EDUX 9983
- 7-8 week course where you will evaluate, reflect, and refine the strategies you are executing in your classroom or school role based on an objective from EDUX 9983.
- Interaction via online discussion board with professional learning community and course instructor.
- Culminating reflective coaching conversation via video conference with course participants and the instructor.
- Participants need access to technology to participate in online discussion boards and video conferencing.
2 Semester Credits/Units
For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register For EDUX 9984
Reflecting on Igniting Your Professional Teaching Practice