Apply learning from EDUX 9955, Powerful Possibilities: Navigating Your 2021-2022 School year, to plan and implement learning opportunities that are responsive to the needs of your students. You will engage in analysis and guided reflection of your teaching practices to impact planning, instruction, and monitoring of student success. An online collaborative conversation with your instructor and a cohort of teachers in the course provides a platform for dialogue and self-reflection.
Not only will you earn two-semester credits/units for this course, but you will also benefit from the rich engagement with peers nationally. Teachers have commented that the reflection cohorts have been one of the most rewarding and gratifying experiences they have encountered in their professional development. Register soon to secure your place in one of two cohorts offered this year.
- 2 Semester Credits/Units
Two seven-week sessions will be offered – one in the Fall and one in the Spring of 2022. Be sure to sign up quickly as cohorts are limited!
Session 1: 10/04/21 - 11/19/21
Session 2: 1/17/22 - 3/4/22
By the end of the course, the participant will:
- Engage in a professional learning community.
- Reflect on implementation of a learning objective and/or goal from EDUX 9955: Powerful Possibilities: Navigating Your 2021-2022 School Year.
- Participate in the Guided Reflection Protocol.
- Demonstrate what was learned through a coaching conversation.
Course Relation to Standards
This course aligns with the standards for National Board for Professional Teaching:
- Teachers are committed to students and their learning.
- Teachers know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- Teachers think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- Teachers are members of learning communities.
Course Structure and Submitting Coursework
- This course is a follow up from EDUX 9955 and will allow you to implement and reflect upon the learning you engaged in during EDUX 9955
- 7-8 week course where you will evaluate, reflect, and refine the strategies you are executing in your classroom or school role based on an objective from EDUX 9955.
- Interaction via an online discussion board with the professional learning community and course instructor.
- Culminating reflective coaching conversation via video conference with course participants and the instructor.
- Participants need access to technology to participate in online discussion boards and video conferencing.
- 2 Semester Credits/Units
For more information about this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Register For EDUX 9956
Reflecting on Powerful Possibilities: Navigating YOUR 2021-2022 School Year