The ordinary experiences of our teaching days are the essence of our practice. Using a guide to reflect on these experiences is an entry to improving our teaching (Hole and McEntee).
Serving as a member of a small online PLC discussion forum, participants in this class will step through guided weekly reflection processes to ultimately analyze, evaluate, reflect on, and refine one implemented goal from EDUX 9928. Using online video conferencing technology, the PLC will conclude by participating in a culminating coaching conversation facilitated by the course instructor that will provide a perfect face-to-face platform for self-reflection, idea sharing, and a determination about the impact of their goal implementation on their professional practice.
By the end of the course, the participant will:
- Engage in a professional learning community.
- Reflect on the implementation of one goal from EDUX 9928,
- Participate in Guided Reflection Protocol processes for individual and shared reflection.
- Demonstrate what was learned through a coaching conversation.
- Refine teaching practice based on the Guided Reflection Protocol experiences.
Secondary Educator 25+ years; Post-Secondary Educator 10+ years.
Passionate champion of education transformation thru creative teaching and personalized learning.
Kathy strives to build a positive relationship with her students and feels privileged to be a "teacher of teachers."
When she's not teaching, Kathy enjoys reading, travelling, and above all, her four grandchildren.