Inform teaching practices as you apply mindful awareness practices and social emotional learning to support self-compassion, kindness and emotional regulation.
Explore the following aspects of mindfulness throughout the course: curiosity, mindfulness anchors, senses, mind-body connection, mindfulness of thoughts and emotions, gratitude, self-compassion and perspective.
- Develop and support a regular mindful awareness practice for resilience and wellbeing.
- Investigate the foundations of mindfulness through experiential practice, journaling and discussion.
- Apply mindful awareness practices in daily life and professionally, learning to have more mindful communication, connection and relationships.
- Understand the physiology of stress and how to self-regulate our emotions in order to respond effectively in challenging situations.
- Recognize our habits of mind and self-talk that often generates more stress and learn to apply components of self-compassion practice.
Course dates: Meeting once weekly for 8 weeks, sessions starting:
- Virtual: Spring 2/16/2022 7:00-9:00 pm EST (ends 4/13- skips week of 2/23)
For more information about Instructor Stephanie or The Calmer Choice, please visit https://calmerchoice.org/Register Now
Stephanie Goley has been working as an instructor for Calmer Choice since 2015 and partnered with Educational Development and Services/DominicanCAonline to provide Resilience & Wellness courses for educators in 2020. She holds a master’s degree in education and has worked as a classroom teacher and administrator for staff development and data analysis. She also has experience working in the field of marketing, SEO and social media. She lives on Cape Cod with her husband, three children, and dog.