Teachers will explore community destinations of interest to students, such as zoos, aquariums, missions, botanical gardens and other cultural, scientific and educational institutions. They will then determine how their experience can be utilized to enhance their class or school wide curriculum.
- visit four local educational community venues
- research information about the sites before visiting
- obtain information from the visits and the research to determine if:
- a. the sites are worthy of a student field trip
- b. classroom lessons can be developed from the experience
- evaluate the experience as to its relevance to an educator