Welcome to EDUO 9829 Communicative Thinking. This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a seven course series entitled Core Thinking Skills. This series is designed to help teachers learn strategies that will significantly improve their ability to teach the Common Core State Standards.The content learned in the class, Communicative Thinking, will prepare you to teach your students how to make sense of information and share their thinking with others. In order to effectively present ideas to others, a person must first be able to reason through information. Once they have made sense of the information, they must connect or synthesize it into meaningful patterns and present the information in a way that accurately represents their ideas. By meeting the requirements of this class, participating teachers will earn one semester unit of graduate level extension credit from Dominican University of California, a fully accredited university. The other six courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9824 Cognitive Transfer
- EDUO 9825 Creative Thinking
- EDUO 9826 Complex Thinking
- EDUO 9827 Comprehensive Thinking
- EDUO 9828 Collaborative Thinking
- EDUO 9830 Critical Thinking
All seven courses in the Core Thinking Skills series require the same book titled How to Teach Thinking Skills Within the Common Core by James Bellanca, Robin Fogarty, & Brian Pete. This book is available for purchase at www.amazon.com.
After completing the course titled Communicative Thinking, you will demonstrate or indicate:
- How to teach students the skill of reasoning through information.
- How to teach students the skill of connecting information to meaningful patterns.
- How to teach students to communicate an accurate representation of their ideas.
- The ability to plan lessons or activities that teach Communicative Thinking.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns with the Common Core standards found at http://www.corestandards.orgRegister Now
K-12 School Psychologist 20+ years. Collegiate Professional Development Coordinator, Developer, and Instructor 16+. "I take pride in helping educators enhance student learning while bringing passion into their classrooms." Ryan loves spending time with family and friends, especially outdoors. His favorite activities include snowboarding, golf, and hiking.