Welcome to EDUO 9828 Collaborative Thinking. This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a seven course series entitled Core Thinking Skills. Numerous studies suggest that collaboration is the number one proficiency needed for both school achievement and a successful career. It fosters teamwork, communication, leadership, and conflict resolution. It is easy to understand why it is one of the focal points of the Common Core State Standards.The content learned in the class, Collaborative Thinking, will prepare you to teach your students how to explain themselves, develop ideas, and make decisions while working with others. By meeting the requirements of this class, participating teachers will earn one semester unit of graduate level extension credit from Dominican University of California, a fully accredited university. The other six courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9824 Cognitive Transfer
- EDUO 9825 Creative Thinking
- EDUO 9826 Complex Thinking
- EDUO 9827 Comprehensive Thinking
- EDUO 9829 Communicative Thinking
- EDUO 9830 Critical Thinking
All seven courses in the Core Thinking Skills series require the same book titled How to Teach Thinking Skills Within the Common Core by James Bellanca, Robin Fogarty, & Brian Pete. This book is available for purchase at www.amazon.com.
After completing the course titled Collaborative Thinking, you will demonstrate or indicate:
- How to teach students the skill of explaining themselves to others.
- How to teach students the skill of developing ideas with others.
- How to teach students the skill of deciding on final outcomes with others.
- The ability to plan lessons or activities that teach Collaborative Thinking.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns with the Common Core standards found at http://www.corestandards.orgRegister Now
K-12 School Psychologist 20+ years.
Collegiate Professional Development Coordinator, Developer, and Instructor 16+.
"I take pride in helping educators enhance student learning while bringing passion into their classrooms."
Ryan loves spending time with family and friends, especially outdoors. His favorite activities include snowboarding, golf, and hiking.