Welcome to EDUO 9826 Complex Thinking. This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a seven course series entitled Core Thinking Skills. This series is designed to help teachers learn strategies that will significantly improve their ability to teach the Common Core State Standards.
The content learned in the class, Complex Thinking, will prepare you to teach your students how to process abstract information so that they understand it in a concrete way. To do so, students must learn to clarify, interpret, and then determine meaning from the texts they are given. These skills will increase your students’ achievement in school and are the building blocks to a successful career. By meeting the requirements of this class, participating teachers will earn one semester unit of graduate level extension credit from DominicanUniversity of California, a fully accredited university. The other six courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9824 Cognitive Transfer
- EDUO 9825 Creative Thinking
- EDUO 9827 Comprehensive Thinking
- EDUO 9828 Collaborative Thinking
- EDUO 9829 Communicative Thinking
- EDUO 9830 Critical Thinking
All seven courses in the Core Thinking Skills series require the same book titled How to Teach Thinking Skills Within the Common Core by James Bellanca, Robin Fogarty, & Brian Pete. This book is available for purchase at www.amazon.com.
After completing the course titled Complex Thinking, you will demonstrate or indicate:
- How to teach students the skill of clarifying the information that they are given.
- How to teach students the skill of interpreting the information they are given.
- How to teach students the skill of making determinations from the information they are given.
- The ability to plan lessons or activities that teach Complex Thinking.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns with the Common Core standards found at http://www.corestandards.org.Register Now
Ryan PickettB.A., M.S. in Counseling Clinical School Psychology
K-12 School Psychologist 20+ years.
Collegiate Professional Development Coordinator, Developer, and Instructor 16+.
"I take pride in helping educators enhance student learning while bringing passion into their classrooms."
Ryan loves spending time with family and friends, especially outdoors. His favorite activities include snowboarding, golf, and hiking.