Welcome to EDUO 9778! This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine-course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources.
The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
The other courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
- EDUO 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
- EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
- EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
- EDUO 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
- EDUO 9775 Change – Your Choice
- EDUO 9776 The Need to Explore
- EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help the teacher prepare students to be self-determined learners
By listening, reading and writing the teacher will gain new insights into what motivates students to want to learn and become lifelong self-starters
The participant will:
- Through web resources experience methods of determining self-awareness
- Read and review the TED Book The Boiling River: Adventure and Discovery by Andres Ruzo
- Transform the message of the book The Boiling River to a message for the classroom
- View six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to the importance of the search for self-awareness
- Make a written statement of why it is just as important for students to have the knowledge of who they are as it is to have knowledge about the world
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.