Welcome to EDUO 9778! This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine-course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources.
The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
The other courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
- EDUO 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
- EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
- EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
- EDUO 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
- EDUO 9775 Change – Your Choice
- EDUO 9776 The Need to Explore
- EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help the teacher prepare students to be self-determined learners
By listening, reading and writing the teacher will gain new insights into what motivates students to want to learn and become lifelong self-starters
The participant will:
- Through web resources experience methods of determining self-awareness
- Read and review the TED Book The Boiling River: Adventure and Discovery by Andres Ruzo
- Transform the message of the book The Boiling River to a message for the classroom
- View six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to the importance of the search for self-awareness
- Make a written statement of why it is just as important for students to have the knowledge of who they are as it is to have knowledge about the world
Joe HerzB.S., M.A. in Educational Technology
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.