Welcome to EDUO 9774! This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources. The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
The other courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
- EDUO 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
- EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
- EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
- EDUO 9775 Change – Your Choice
- EDUO 9776 The Need to Explore
- EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
- EDUO9778 Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
Technology’s Effect on Humanity
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help the teacher to understand and prepare his/her students for the effect that technology has and will have upon humanity.
By listening, reading and writing the teacher will gain new insights into todays and tomorrows technology, and therefore be able to better prepare his/her students for its effect upon humanity .
The teacher will:
- Through web resources be exposed to the effects of technology upon humanity
- Read and review the TED Book The Art of Stillness
- Compare and contrast the positive and negative effectives of technology
- View six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to the effects of technology
- Make a written statement of how students can be prepared for the effective of technology
Joe HerzB.S., M.A. in Educational Technology
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.