Welcome to EDUO 9773. This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources. The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
Perception is Reality
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help the teacher to understand the importance of making a first and lasting impression of a positive caring teacher who is interested in helping the student be a success in life.
By listening, reading and writing teachers will gain new insights into how to be an extraordinary positive influence in the classroom and beyond.
- through web resources explore various ways that a teacher can make a positive first
impression upon her/his students.
- read and review the TED Book Judge This by Chip Kidd.
- review the qualities that make up an impressive person.
- view six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to being a positive classroom influence.
- write about how a teacher can make a positive first and lasting impression up on her/his students.
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.