Welcome to EDUO 9772! This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and web-site resources.The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help in negotiating, making sense of and being successful in life that exists outside the classroom as well as in life both in and outside the classroom.
The other courses in the series are:
• 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
• 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
• 9773 Perception is Reality
• 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
• 9775 Change – Your Choice
• 9776 The Need to Explore
• 9777 The Power of Self Determination
• EDUO9778 Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
Exploring TED Talks – Learning is a Process
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to induce different
learn processes and how they can be used in the classroom.
By listening, reading, writing and discussing the teacher will gain insights into different learning
processes that will help create successful classroom learning
- through web resources be given information used to process learning.
- read and review the TED Book Follow Your Gut by Rob Knight.
- comment on the effectiveness of assigned learning processes.
- view six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to a learning process.
- make a written statement of how students can be motivated to become life explorers.
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.