Welcome to EDUO 9771!. This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources.The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
The other courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
- EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
- EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
- EDUO 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
- EDUO 9775 Change – Your Choice
- EDUO 9776 The Need to Explore
- EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
- EDUO 9778 Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
Building the Future with Creativity and Insight
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help you as teacher allow creativity to flow from your students and become part of the classroom experience 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
By listening, reading and writing the teacher will gain new insights into what it is in the present school system hampers student creativity and how to overcome that debility.
The teacher will:
- be led to understand through web resources how creativity is smothered by the present school system.
- read and review the TED Book The Future of Architecture in 100 Buildings by Marc Kushner.
- compare and contrast the feelings relating to the ideas from the Ted book and the two web resources.
- view six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to the problem of teaching creativity.
- write about how students’ creativity can flourish in the school system of today so that they can be a part of development of the future.
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years. Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author. "My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers." Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.