Welcome to EDUO 9770!. This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources.The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and outside the classroom.
The other courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
- EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
- EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
- EDUO 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
- EDUO 9775 Change – Your Choice
- EDUO 9776 The Need to Explore
- EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
- EDUO9778 Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help teachers motivate students to learn skills that will help them succeed and be happy in the work place of the future.
Through listening, reading and writing teachers will explore motivation theories that can help them prepare students for the changing work place in the world they will inherit.
The teacher will:
- explore authentic and incentive motivation theories.
- read the TED Book Why We Work and compare its content with the classroom reality and the reality of life outside the classroom.
- view six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to the classroom and the personal and professional life of the teacher.
- write about how students can be prepared to succeed and be happy in the work place of the
Joe HerzB.S., M.A. in Educational Technology
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.