Welcome to EDUO 9758. This class was created as part of a seven course series entitled Teaching Life’s Essentials. The other courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9756 Happiness
- EDUO 9757 Compassion
- EDUO 9759 Resilience
- EDUO 9760 Growth Mindset
- EDUO 9761 Inspiration
- EDUO 9762 Tolerance
Isn’t it true that great teachers are born not made? We say “not at all”. With the guidance of the courses in this series, you can take your teaching to a new level; one that brings the highest degree of satisfaction to yourself and your students. Great teachers are remembered not for the knowledge they impart but for the way they encourage and lift their students’ achievement, not just in a subject, but in the important skills of living a fulfilling life. These skills of happiness, of inspiration, compassion, curiosity and resilience are essential for both the learner and the teacher. This course will bring research to inform along with techniques and activities to imbue your delivery of required curriculum with the essence of greatness-both yours and your students’.
Teaching Life’s Essentials – Curiosity
In this course, teachers will cultivate classroom learning through engaging student curiosity while respecting the order of their school.
The teacher will be:
- Aware of the hurdles in the school environment that inhibit student curiosity.
- Equiped with activities that promote student curiosity.
- Able to increase classroom inquisitiveness without creating school disturbance.
The teacher will:
- Read and study given website resources
- Be introduced to teaching activities that will help increase student curiosity
- Understand that a good learner is not the same as a good student
- Use questions to provoke thought and not to find answers
- Not disrupt the school as curiosity is promoted
- Communicate with other teachers taking the class about classroom curiosity issues
38 years in K-12 and post-secondary education, AVID teacher, Path Specialist, Multicultural Specialist.
AVID staff developer, Equity trainer, REACH facilitator, Equity/TitleIX/Section 504 Compliance, Officer.
My goal is to support teachers as they strive to become more culturally responsive in order to meet the diverse needs of their students.
I enjoy writing, painting, ATV’ing, camping, fishing, and other outdoor activities.