All coaches want their student/athletes to see themselves as winners throughout their lives regardless of their sports performances. This class will help the teacher/coach focus on that goal.
Required Text: Successful Coaching-4th Edition by Rainer Martens, Human Kinetics; 4 edition
(February 17, 2012)
By the end of this course, the participants will have had the opportunity to examine a style of coaching that:
- Places an athlete’s well-being above winning events or games.
- Emphasizes the development of the student athlete into a mentally and physically healthy adult.
- Assists individual athletes in setting personal goals for their sports as well as rewarding life goals.
- Develops a rewards system for the athlete that is both extrinsic and intrinsic.
- Creates a participation flow, for both starters and substitutes that enhances the athlete’s enthusiasm for the sport.
- Promotes the change from thinking as a “loser” to thinking as a “winner”.
- Price: $135
- 1 Semester Credit/Unit
Instructor: Dick Bache, Ernie Shaffer