In the course, well known classroom management styles are compared and contrasted in order to create a classroom program that balances teacher authority with student freedom. Class Meetings and other approaches are explored as posible vehicles to finding such a balance.
- familiarize themselves with major classroom management styles
- compare and contrast various management methodologies
- figure out their own management slant
- study the Class Meeting format
- develop a class meeting that would best complement their own style
- outline a workable classroom management program that balances authority and freedom