Reading assignments will be from given website resources.Open and read the Syllabus which includes Objectives and a Grading Rubric. You may want to print it. You may also simply scroll down the page to view all course assignments. For each Session 1, 2 and 3 and the Final Assignment read and complete assignments. You will type your responses offline in your own Word document.
When you have completed your assignments, post all coursework at one time in the Completed Coursework DropBox at the bottom of the course.
1. Develop programs that will help athletes throughout their lives by emphasizing and enhancing the following:
- Positive and constructive leadership skills
- Behavior accountability
- Proper sportsmanship and social skills
- Ability to be an Upstander when encountering improper behavior
2. Create a positive persona as a coach who wields a very strong influence on young people.
3. Prepare to defend against negative attacks on the positive influence of athletics.
1. Establishing a climate that promotes fairness and respect
2. Establishing and maintaining standards for student behavior
3. Using a variety of instructional strategies and resources to respond to students’ diverse needs.
Taught and coached 7-9 Jr. High students for five years. Taught mathematics and physical education at the High School level for 35 years. Had experience as a Department Head in physical education. Helped to develop a state granted voluntary integration program. Richard’s personal interests are golf and helping others succeed.