This course validates the time teachers will need to integrate the Next Generation Science Standards into their laboratory investigations. It will provide 6-12 science teachers with a process that will help them in the development and implementation of such labs.
Upon competition of this course 6-12 science teacher will:
- show understanding of assigned material
- apply the understanding to classroom labs
- collaborate with other class members
The teacher will:
- read and study with understanding the course text
- read and study course website resources
- use the website resources to apply the understanding gained from the course text
- show the ability to apply the understanding by developing an NGSS lab investigation lesson plan
- collaborate with class members by posting comments about the class and the process of redesigning or designing NGSS investigating labs
- answer at least one of the posts from another class member
C.A.G.S Educational Leadership, 9-12 chemistry, K-12 Principal, K-12 Director of Curriculum, K-12 Superintendent 21 years.
Gina focuses on rethinking instructional approaches, empowering teachers and students to take risks, and engaging in reflective practices.
Gina's personal interests are her 4 children and their many activities, running, and cooking.
B.S., M.Ed. Curriculum & Instruction
14 Years - High School Physics Teacher, 7+ Years K-8 Math and Science Curriculum Coordinator, 4+ Years - College Elementary Science Methods Instructor.
"My professional goal is help teachers teach and become the best educators they can be."
John's personal interests include music (piano/organ) and spending as much time with my wife and kids as possible!