This class will explore the knowledge regarding the current K-12 science standards. Such knowledge will enable the teacher to plan a successful Next Generation Science Standard teaching unit.
Upon completion of this class the teacher will:
- show understanding of the K-12 Next Generation Science Standards
- be able to plan meaningful NGSS teaching units for K-12 students
The teacher will show understanding of and ability to plan NGSS by:
- explaining the NGSS to various people with different levels of understanding
- using assorted media to convey the information
- critiquing NGSS information
- relating the information gleaned to the classroom
- being aware that NGSS assessment can be tricky
- summarizing the NGSS knowledge learned in this course
C.A.G.S Educational Leadership, 9-12 chemistry, K-12 Principal, K-12 Director of Curriculum, K-12 Superintendent 21 years.
Gina focuses on rethinking instructional approaches, empowering teachers and students to take risks, and engaging in reflective practices.
Gina's personal interests are her 4 children and their many activities, running, and cooking.