This four course series entitled Anyone Can Learn Math is designed to help teachers make math accessible to all students.The other three courses in the series are:
- EDUO 9523: Learning Math in Groups
- EDUO 9521: Stress Free Math
- EDUO 9524: Learn Math Through Writing
Although Math Made Easy is NOT a prerequisite for the other three courses, it does provide a foundation for them. Math Made Easy, Learning Math in Groups, and Stress Free Math all require one book entitled Math for Humans by Mark Wahl. The fourth class, Learning Math through Writing, requires a separate book entitled Writing in Math Class by Marilyn Burns.
In the class Math Made Easy EDUO 9522 you will learn how to utilize your student’s natural learning strengths so that they will be engaged in your math curriculum as well as make significant learning gains.
After completing the course Math Made Easy, you will demonstrate or indicate:
- Knowledge of Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences and how it can apply to your math curriculum
- Knowledge of the NCTM Standards and how to apply the constructivist model to them
- Knowledge of Brain Hemisphericity and how it can apply to your math curriculum
- The ability to develop and utilize effective formative and summative math assessments
Ryan PickettB.A., M.S. in Counseling Clinical School Psychology
K-12 School Psychologist 20+ years.
Collegiate Professional Development Coordinator, Developer, and Instructor 16+.
"I take pride in helping educators enhance student learning while bringing passion into their classrooms."
Ryan loves spending time with family and friends, especially outdoors. His favorite activities include snowboarding, golf, and hiking.