Experts agree that for the successful inclusion of students with special needs into the general education classroom, a collaborative partnership should be formed between the regular classroom teacher and the special education teacher. Extensive and ongoing planning is needed for both teachers to adapt or modify instructions, materials, and the general education classroom environment for the benefit of the included student with special needs. This course is designed to facilitate the planning and preparation necessary for all students to succeed.
By the conclusion of this course, participants will have the opportunity to:
- Complete an inclusion plan that will enhance their educational program and add to their knowledge and
- Collaborate with colleagues and parents.
- Adapt the physical and instructional environment.
- Review classroom management techniques.
- Search for and obtained new resources.
- Develop relevant assessment tools.
- Research a current article relevant to inclusion.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the standards for the general education teacher, the special education teacher and students who have special needs. Teachers can access their state’s Common Core Standards in English language Arts and Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects.
- CCS; National and State Standards