Did you know that many educators would love to show Pixar films in their classroom as a way of promoting social-emotional learning? Unfortunately showing full-length features chews up quite a bit of class time. There’s a solution. Teachers can now use Pixar film shorts to highlight Social Emotional Learning* skills to help strengthen their classroom’s climate and culture.
The goal is for educators to incorporate Pixar film shorts into their instruction to help emphasize social emotional learning skills.
In this course, participants will have opportunity to:
- Teacher will design mini-lessons/ideas based on specific SEL skill
- Teacher will incorporate Pixar Short film of their choice and tailor it to a specific SEL Skill
- Teacher will share reflective piece on how the Pixar short film helped with the Promotion of the skill.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the standards for:
- Using knowledge of students to engage them in learning
- Connecting subject matter to meaningful, real-life contexts
- Using a variety of instructional strategies, resources, and technologies to meet students’ diverse learning needs
- Promoting critical thinking through inquiry, problem solving, and reflection
- Price: $135
- 1 Semester Credit/Unit
Instructor: William Frederick