Engage in your students in critical thinking as never before with media literacy in your K-12 classroom. This self-paced online course is designed for general education teachers of all grade levels/content areas. Participants will learn the overarching ideas of Media Literacy; core concepts of visual literacy and instructional methods, as well as connections to social emotional learning with Media Literacy. Gain strategies to support your student’s ability to access, analyze, and evaluate information from media as part of digital citizenship and critical thinking skill set. (Required Text: Media Literacy in the K-12 Classroom, 2nd Edition, Frank W. Baker)Register Now
Laurel Aguilar-Kirchhoff B.A, M.S Ed., CA Admin Services & Secondary Credentials
- Digital Learning Project Specialist for San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
- 20 years in Middle School Physical Science; US History
- Certified: Google Trainer; Leading Edge; Nearpod; Digital Tools. Presenter: ISTE; NETA; CUE
- I enjoy reading anything historically based, traveling, volunteering, connecting with family and friends, and jigsaw puzzles.
- I believe that one person can make a difference in the lives of others. Being an educator is one way that I can enhance and enrich the lives of others-particularly our students.