Create, Communicate and Collaborate! Learn about and create useful examples of GSuite (formally GAFE) tools for education. Used by thousands of educators around the globe, Google’s free to veryone and easily accessed 11 GSuite tools include Drive, Calendar, Gmail, Classroom, Calendar, Sites, Blogger, Maps, Keep and Hangouts apps. These apps are readily available through your school’s GSuite account or through your own personal Google account.
Create classroom documents of your choice to use with your students. GSuite apps work on any internet accessible device. All work is stored on the cloud for easy access at any time. You will need to use Google Drive to complete many assignments. If available, use your gmail school account but to keep items separate I recommend using a personal Gmail account and set up a course Drive folder. No textbooks is needed.
GSuite for Education offers educators opportunity to show proficiency in the use of GSuite/GAFE tools to enrich and manage educational curriculum by:
- Demonstrating an understanding of tool differences and potential applications to education
- Charting how tools enhance classroom management, technology-supported curriculum deployment and ISTE-support teaching, learning and creativity standards.
- Create grade-level and effective tech-infused curriculum assignments and projects
- Explaining and giving examples of their impact on Blended Learning and Individualized Learning
- Promoting to an educational audience, progressive steps to develop an evolving student-centered learning environment
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
ISTE Teacher and Student Standards
CCS, National and State Standards
Joe HerzB.S., M.A. in Educational Technology
K-8 General Ed; K-12 Technology 30+ years.
Site and District Tech Coordinator; Technology Program Planner; Conference Presenter; Author.
"My current educational goal is to aid in the development of effective and responsible technology use by all students and innovative technology implementation by teachers."
Joe’s personal interests include: Music (guitar/drums), his classic VW bus and helping with local animal rescues.