Gain proficiency with fundamental Smart Board skills. Begin creating highly interactive lessons! This course offers a step-by-step learning experience to help take new users through the basics of the SMART Notebook software. Learn how to use all of the basic tools in order to create activities, insert images and videos, record presenations, and more!
A free 30 day download of Smart Notebook is available if you need it.
In this course the participants will have the opportunity to learn the following skills:
Part I: Introduction to Smart Notebook 11
- Using the Toolbar Tools
- General Toolbar Introduction
- Actions Panel
- Buttons Drop-Downs
- Tools to Create
- Tools to Modify / Edit
- Side Tabs
- Magic Pen
- Customizing the Toolbar
- Screen Capture
- Opening / Editing / Saving Files
Part II: Creating with Smart Notebook 11
- Creating Pages
- Creating Backgrounds
- Using Animated Objects
- Searching for Lessons
- Disappearing Objects, Adding sound & videos
- Recording Lessons
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the ISTE Standards:
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in
2. Engage in professional growth and leadership
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- Contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of the school and community.
3. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
Lisa Johnson-BowersB.S., 8-12 Comprehensive Science, M.A. Science Education/Professional Development
Chemistry (and Physics) 28 years, Softball Coach 23 years.
Primary Goal - Helping teachers to reach their professional and personal goals.
Personal Interests : Family, Golfing, and Helping teachers to reignite their passion for teaching, overcome burnout.