Learn the basics of a Google Site setup by designing a welcome page, inserting an interactive calendar, updating announcements, and more. Make information, resources, and assignments accessible with Google Sites. Utilize your Google Site for student interaction or educator collaboration.
This course goes beyond learning the skill of building a site and teaches the participant how to use the site to effectively engage learning.
In this course, participants will have opportunity:
- To create a Google Site that functions as a 24/7 classroom.
- To embed learning objects into the site to engage learning
- To create resource pages to help both students and parents
- Design a lesson that uses the site to engage learning
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the ISTE Standards:
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in virtual environment.
2. Engage in professional growth and leadership
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- Contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of the school and community.
3. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
Chemistry (and Physics) 28 years, Softball Coach 23 years.
Primary Goal - Helping teachers to reach their professional and personal goals.
Personal Interests : Family, Golfing, and Helping teachers to reignite their passion for teaching, overcome burnout.