Collaborate with other educators on Twitter. Use Twitter technology in your instruction. Build a Twitter page, join the online professional learning community, learn how to use Twitter in the classroom, and encourage fellow educators to use Twitter as an education and collaborative tool.
Twitter — it’s not just for “fake news” anymore! The use of twitter has revolutionized the media world, and is being used in education for communication, research, news and real-time updates. Twitter for Educators will focus on building a twitter page, developing a professional learning community, and learning how to use twitter in the classroom. Come become a master of the Twitterverse!
In this online course, participants will learn what teachers around the country are doing to collaborate with each other across the countries. Teachers will create their own twitter accounts and learn how to send & receive messages. Teachers will then create their own personalized professional learning communities to collaborate
within their own niche.
In this course, participants will have opportunity:
Creating a Twitter Account & Creating a Following
- Create a presence on the Internet for the teacher to use as a collaboration tool.
- Create a professional learning community with Twitter.
- Participant in a Twitter Chat and make a record of the important tweets.
Learning the current pedagogy of Twitter
- Analyze the various uses of Twitter in the classroom.
- Design a plan to help colleagues incorporate the use of twitter as an educational tool and a collaborative tool.
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the ISTE Teaching standards for:
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in virtual environment.
2. Engage in professional growth and leadership
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- Contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of the school and community.
3. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
Chemistry (and Physics) 28 years, Softball Coach 23 years.
Primary Goal - Helping teachers to reach their professional and personal goals.
Personal Interests : Family, Golfing, and Helping teachers to reignite their passion for teaching, overcome burnout.