Reading books reflectively is important for both students and their teachers. While as teachers we are constantly looking for ways to motivate our students to becoming lifelong readers, we often neglect nurturing that process in ourselves. This course can help you make a commitment to dedicate some of your precious time to focused professional reading.The booklists offer a wide variety of current non-fiction covering not only best practice curriculum guides but books on current educational thought, Common Core techniques, content area information, psychology, special education, classroom management, athletic endeavors, self-improvement and inspiration and other compelling subjects of interest and assistance to teachers. Assignments will include both written reflections and online discussions.
Reflective Reading may be taken for credit multiple times with multiple books. The first registration will be numbered EDUO 9000, the 2nd EDUO 9002, the 3rd EDUO 9003… up to EDUO 9010
Or explore the book lists below:
- Books about Racism & Anti-Racism
- Books Especially for Coaches
- Books on Current Social and Cultural Issues
- Books Focused on Classroom Instructional Methods and Strategies
- Books Focused on Technology Supported Learning
- Books Focused on Special Needs
- Books Focused on Self Improvement and Social and Emotional Growth
- Books Focused on Non-Classroom Specialists
- Books Focused on Technology’s Impact on Education
- Books Focused on Increasing Subject Matter Knowledge
- Books Focused on Understanding and Confronting Racism, Bullying, Violence, Homophobia and Addictive Behaviors
31 years teaching/counseling PreSchool/High School/Parent Education; Created and implemented statewide Professional Education Program. Teacher Association rep, conference and community presenter, Professional Associations. My current educational goal is to help teachers grow and develop professionally and personally while reading many types of carefully selected books. My interests are family, traveling, theater, politics, climate change and keeping myself physically and mentally healthy and challenged.