Welcome to EDUO9776! This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources. The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
• EDUO 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
• EDUO 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
• EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
• EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
• EDUO 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
• EDUO 9775 Change – Your Choice
• EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
• EDUO9778 Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help the teacher to understand the importance of the need to explore and to motivite students to become life exploers.
By listening, reading and writing teachers will gain new insights into the human need to explore and compelling reasons why as teachers they should impart the desire to be life explorers.
• through web resources investigate the many needs of humans to explore.
• read and review the TED Book How We’ll Live on Mars by Stephen Petranek.
• compare and contrast 15th century colonization with the colonization of Mars.
• view six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to the need to explore.
• write about how students can be motivated to become life explorers.
Instructor: Joe Herz