Welcome to EDUO 9775! This class was created by Dominican University of California in conjunction with Educational Development and Services as part of a nine course series. Each course involves studying and discussing a TED book, online TED Talks and other web resources. The courses are focused on encouraging teachers to acquire knowledge and wisdom for both classroom application and personal growth; knowledge and wisdom to help negotiate, make sense of and be successful in life both in and out of the classroom.
• EDUO 9770 Authentic vs. Incentive Motivation
• EDUO 9771 Building the Future With Creativity and Insight
• EDUO 9772 Learning is a Process
• EDUO 9773 Perception is Reality
• EDUO 9774 Technology’s Effect on Humanity
• EDUO 9776 The Need to Explore
• EDUO 9777 The Power of Self Determination
• EDUO9778 Discovering the Adventure of Your Life’s Journey
This course will use a TED Talk book, online TED Talks and web resources to help the teacher to create effective changes and life choices that go along with a changing world.
By listening, reading and writing the teacher will gain new insights into the need to change, the most effective ways to create change and how to cope with the choices in a changing world.
The teacher will:
• through web resources recognize the need for change in the school structure.
• read and review the TED Book Beyond Measure by Margaret Heffernan.
• compose a philosophically based plan for changing the classroom now and in the future.
• view six TED Talks and relate the content of each talk to change and choice.
• write about how students can be prepared for the choices that need to be made in a changing world.
Instructor: Joe Herz