Developing athletic skills through effective planning is the focus of this class. Three learning stages and seven practice principles will be explored in the class as well as a positive approach in correcting errors.
Successful Coaching-4th Edition by Rainer Martens, Human Kinetics; 4 edition (February 17, 2012)
By the end of this course, the participants will have had the opportunity to:
- Develop successful daily, weekly and season plans.
- Examine the three stages of learning.
- Understand the difference between coaching to learn and coaching to perform.
- Understand and use the four steps in teaching a sport skill.
- Design practice sessions based on the seven practice principles recommended in the text.
- Understand and be able to use the positive approach in correcting errors during both practice sessions and games.
- Price: $135
- 1 Semester Credit/Unit
Instructor: Dick Bach, Ernie Shaffer