Create a Paperless Classroom! Google Docs makes it possible to create and share documents digitally and is wonderful in the BYOD classroom. Learn the best way to share docs, properly use folders, create drop boxes for students, and make handout folders, use comments to provide feedback and help students revise work.
The focus of this course is on learning how to use the Google Drive to create deep learning within the classroom. An introduction of the Google Drive will be followed by in-depth training on Google Docs. Emphasis will be upon the use of Google Docs to help create a student centered approach to teaching.
In this course, participants will have opportunity learn the following skills:
Teaching with Google Drive (Part I)
- Setting up and organizing folders
- Color coding folders & adding icons to folder names
- Creating Basic Google Docs
- Creating Basic Slide Presentations
- Creating Basic Spreadsheets
- Creating Basic Forms
Teaching with Google Docs (Part II)
- Creating, Editing & Sharing Google Docs
- Google Doc as a Collaboration Tool
- Adding Comments and voice annotations
- Google Drawing
- Creating Graphs with Google Sheets
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the ISTE Standards:
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in virtual environment.
2. Engage in professional growth and leadership
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- Contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of the school and community.
3. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
- Price: $270
- 2 Semester Credits/Units
Instructor: Lisa Johnson-Bowers (Google Certified Instructor)