Learn the basics of a Google Site setup by designing a welcome page, inserting an interactive calendar, updating announcements, and more. Make information, resources, and assignments accessible with Google Sites. Utilize your Google Site for student interaction or educator collaboration.
* This course goes beyond learning the skill of building a site and teaches the participant how to use the site to effectively engage learning.
In this course, participants will have opportunity:
- To create a Google Site that functions as a 24/7 classroom.
- To embed learning objects into the site to engage learning
- To create resource pages to help both students and parents
- Design a lesson that uses the site to engage learning
Course Relation to CCS or other Professional Standards
This course aligns to the ISTE Standards:
1. Facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity
- Promote, support, and model creative and innovative thinking and inventiveness.
- Model collaborative knowledge construction by engaging in learning with students, colleagues, and others in virtual environment.
2. Engage in professional growth and leadership
- Participate in local and global learning communities to explore creative applications of technology to improve student learning.
- Contribute to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession and of the school and community.
3. Design and develop digital age learning experiences and assessments.
- Customize and personalize learning activities to address students’ diverse learning styles, working strategies, and abilities using digital tools and resources.
- Design and adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
- Price: $270
- 2 Semester Credits/Units
Instructor: Lisa Johnson-Bowers (Google Certified Instructor)